Recipe Name: Mediterranean Cucumber Cups
As Seen In: The Comfort of Cooking
Recipe Originator: Racheal Ray (adapted)
Type of Fast: Daniel Fast, Vegetarian
How Many It Serves: ~15 Cucumber Cups
What You Need:
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/8 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 1/2 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, bell pepper, tomato, olives, oregano, feta, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Peel the cucumbers partially, leaving thin strips of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 1-inch thick slices. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of flesh.
Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean salad into the cucumber cups. Garnish with additional parsley and feta, if desired.